OK, this is a just a little note to tell a little about what I heard every June 14th all of my years growing up: "Happy Flag Day" and "____________ years ago today, Mr. Kelly hung himself". No, I'm not kidding....June 14 was my parents anniversary and instead of them saying Happy anniversary, they'd say those two lines. (My Dad's mom's best friends husband hung himself the morning my parents were married, sad but true)
So as I walked out front today and saw the flag flying in front of my house yesterday(courtesy of the scouts) I thought what day is it today??? then I said to myself...."Oh, happy flag day and a lot of years ago today Mr. Kelly hung himself"....thanks for having a sense of humor mom and dad and I wish you were here to wish a happy anniversary. I miss you. I love you.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How romantic! ;) Thanks for the chuckle! I always loved the Primary song, "My flag, my flag, my country's flag....I love to see you wave..."
We say it every June 14th, too.
Post a Comment