Monday, February 16, 2009

Creative soul


More lego fun to report! My boys it seems are addicted to Legos. If you haven't had this interest in your house, feel lucky...those things are expensive!!! geez!! Jeff was so proud of his creation that I needed to take a picture of it. At 6 years old he is quite an independent and creative little soul, and I love to see him smile.
I think maybe some of the Lego interest may come from me, you see I used to love legos. I am the youngest and I remember one afternoon, my brother wanted to build a lego house with me, well I was so excited!!! (Joel is 10 years older than me)...well, after we built the house, I discovered his true desire to build the lego house was not to play with me, but to put firecrackers inside it on the back porch and BLOW IT UP!! Ah, the stink and look of those charred lego pieces...haha What a funny memory, of course, if one of my older kids did that to Jeff or Brett, I would come unglued!! Well, just thought I would share a funny memory from my childhood. Long live LEGOS and even though I can't seem to avoid stepping on little pieces every now and then, I love 'em still!

2 comments:

Tabby Grey said...

Well, Joel was THE GOLDEN CHILD! Did he even get in trouble for that?

Why don't I have any memory of that little incident. I do have a talent for blocking out unpleasant memories, though. Ha!

Marg loves to play Legos with your boys!!! She talks about it ALL the time.

Jenny said...

It was by the shed on the side of the family room. he lit them and then made us run into the family room and hide while it exploded....uh yeah, I don't remember any punishment involved...too funny. I miss you guys! Tell Marg I love her! Today is a blah day. I got soooo sick last night!!! Ouch!! Note to self, don't eat ramen noodles! :{