Thursday, January 7, 2010

NEW YEARS ROCKIN EVE?


Happy New Year 2010!! Oh the realization that we are old and boring was more apparent than ever this year. We had a very low key New Years, but it was nice and peaceful and happy. Here is what we did...
Brett and I played some rousing games of Perfection. (that game always makes me jump when the pieces pop out) Ben and Jeff played on the computer and then I let them light sparklers in the front yard with me.
Ray was in bed asleep.Ha usually my role! :)
I HAD to stay up to get two of my little ducks home from the neighborhood parties, meaning I had to stay up till about 12:15 when I called them home. Trey and Loll had fun ringing in the new year with thier friends families who had "fun" parents and threw BBQ parties with Martinellis sparkling cider etc. for thier Tween kids and friends. Obviously we weren't on the "fun" parent list this year.
OK I watched Dick Clark's rockin eve and that poor guy just needs to give it up. I was so embarrased for him. I couldn't understand him and when he was counting down, he couldnt count right....poor guy. I don't know how he can stand it anyway. I looked at all those crowds of people in cold and all I thought was no thanks....like I said , low key and happy. Hope yours was happy too!! May 2010 bring joy and good happy adventures.

1 comment:

Tabby Grey said...

So lucky you can stand to go outside at midnight in January. I love St. George weather in the winter! :)